Monday, January 25, 2010

Work in Progress

Oh my goodness, I can’t believe it has been a week without an update.  It has been quite the week though.  Patrick was on call.  He only had to go into the hospital one night during all that snow we got.  And we got a lot of snow, there had to have been at least 16” out there.  Of course by tomorrow morning all bets are off the wind is howling and it is raining like stink out there.  Feels like January thaw to me.  Not to worry though, we are looking at 20F temperatures by the end of the week so we will soon be back to our regularly scheduled program. 

 
Fynn had his half birthday on Friday.  He is getting to be so big.  Here is a picture of him in his towel.  He wanted to wear one “just like daddy”.  So cute.
 


Last Saturday we went to a holiday party for the IT crowd at the hospital.  It was really nice, we all went out to dinner at Cody’s Roadhouse up in Rockport. It was really fun, the kids had a blast throwing peanut shells at everyone.  And Fynn loved all the kids.  The tables were set up in a big square so we just let him down so he could run around in the middle with all of the other kids.  He thought they were great!

 It was a nice day, I even got to stop at Mainely Quilts on the way. I had never been in there before.  The owner is so nice!  And she does beautiful work!  There are like 5 rooms in that house just filled with fabric and notions.  And the walls are just covered with all kinds of quilty goodness.  It is so inspirational just walking around in there.  I even got some fabric!  I am going to use it for my Robot Quilt pattern project I am working on.  Actually the robots are coming along nicely and I am going to have a tutorial up here for a bag or something with one of them as a freebie for anyone who wants it soon.  It is all aplique and I am really rather proud of it. 
I finished the hat I was knitting for a girl I took a class with last fall.  She was supposed to meet me at the Roadhouse to pick it up, but she never showed.  So I will email her again. It came out nice and I think she will like it, I just need to get it to her.  But now that I have all of my required knitting done for a while I thought it was time to start a new project!
It is a sweater for Fynn!  The pattern is Chaos, you can find it over at Knitty.  I am knitting it in the round instead of flat as the pattern directs.  I hate sewing up side seams!  And by subtracting 1 stitch for each edge I can get away with knitting in the round until I start the sleeve shaping.  And then I will just put the front on one set of needles and the back on the other.  I think it will work out well, I have read about it in the past but this is the first time trying it.  So we will see. 
I hope you all have a great week, and I plan to be back here before next Monday to update again.  



No comments: