Sunday, April 22, 2012

Sewing Therapy

We were hoping to be able to share very good news with everyone very soon.  And had in fact started telling people in real life that I was 16 weeks pregnant.  However we have instead found out that our little baby to be had no heartbeat at the latest ultrasound, just this last Thursday. One day shy of 16 weeks.  From everything I have researched, this is very unusual as most miscarriages occur before 12 weeks. As all of my previous miscarriages have.  So we were a little shocked.
But like all of my babies, living and dead, this one will get a quilt.  I have sewn a quilt for each of my miscarriages and donated it to either the woman's shelter or hospital to give out to someone who could use a baby quilt.  This isn't any different.  I find that some simple sewing and some tears really help.  And so, once I have it all quilted, I will be giving this baby's quilt to Miles Memorial to give to someone else who could use a little comfort. 

I used very bright colors, some Tula Pink, some Amy Butler, some Malka Dubrawsky to make this quilt.  I think it makes for a very cheery little blanky that someone will hopefully drag around the house and sleep with the way this baby should have been able to. 




2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Aw, Shawna. Please know that I am praying for you!!! I'm so sorry for your loss. It a beautiful quilt!

Unknown said...

Shawna, I am so sorry for your loss. You are amazing for doing what you do. That quilt is beautiful! I love the cheery colors!