Sunday, December 13, 2009

My Fireplace is Twinkling

The Christmas decorating has officially started!  I finished all of my school work yesterday afternoon and we got busy.  We cleaned the whole downstairs of the house and moved the living room furniture around last night.  The kitchen got a good cleaning too.  All I have left to clean is the bathroom sink and toilet and I want to vacuum my bedroom, the dog hair is getting a little thick in there, hehe.  Today we got some lights up around the the living room and I nested a bunch of them in the fireplace around a wooden swan and the fireplace tools.  We aren't allowed to use the fireplace for a fire but it does look beautiful with the Christmas lights in it.  The screen actually makes them look like they twinkle when you move around the room.  Actually Fynn was standing in front of the screen just swaying so he could watch them twinkle, it is a little mesmerizing. 
Tomorrow I need to make some cookies while Fynn naps.  I know I'm going to make Twists, Meringues, Peanut Buttercup Brownies, and Oatmeal Scotchies this year, I just haven't decided what I'm going to make for class.  I guess it depends on what time Fynn goes to sleep, etc.... 

No comments: