Sunday, October 25, 2009

Crafting in the Rain

Yesterday was the craft fair that I have been getting ready for. It was my first ever. It went pretty well. The weather was crappy, I'm talking Typhoon out there or something. So there weren't a lot of people who came out. I met me goal though. Now, my goal was to make more then what my table cost me, so it wasn't a huge goal. But I was happy with it.
I have another craft fair on December 4th. It is at the hospital and I think it will be better. People won't really have to travel to get to it because it is mostly for employees and visitors of the hospital. And I think my crafts will really appeal to the nurses who work there. The hand balm and stuff.
This week's project, however, is Fynn's Halloween costume. He is going to be a parrot. I have a ton of feathers cut out of satin and I'm going to make him a poncho and then cover them with the feathers. I think it will be the easiest way to get a toddler into a costume. hehe. I was hoping to have it done tonight but I have been playing around on the computer for a while and I still have to get my test done for class tomorrow, so.... It will have to happen this week durring nap time, as I am sure it will. It shouldn't take too long, the hardest part will probably be getting Fynn to stay still long enough to figure out how big things need to be.

No comments: