Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Bees are Buzzing!

I have discovered the joy of quilting bees.  Both online and at my local quilt shop. I love you Alewives!
Just yesterday I went to second quilting bee they held there to make some quilts for one of the neighbors who lost everything (including her quilts) in a fire.  It was so fun!  I loved sitting around talking and sewing with a big group of women.  I met so many people and I was invited to the next guild meeting.  I might actually start having a life again soon. 
The other bee I am in is a online quilting bee.  It is hosted over on Ravelry, believe it or not.  But we have our own little group of sewers who also knit.  And my quilt is going to be made up of the blocks I showed you last post.  I think it is going to be a great quilt for Fynn.  He is really into cars and trucks right now.  But I wanted to make him a quilt that can grow with him and maybe even go to college with him...if it lasts that long.  So I am going for a more grown up-little boy look with the linen centers and the wonky log cabin designs.
And now, because I have decided that I am going to do some craft fairs in the next few weeks and it is even harder to get sewing with a little baby around, I need to get back to my machine and get to work!
 

No comments: