Friday, September 24, 2010

Squash!

So we pulled more then 100 lbs of squash and pumpkins out of the garden tonight. It is crazy down there, we didn't even get through half the garden and there are tons more that aren't quite ready to be picked.  We will have squash this winter!  Please excuse the darkness of these pictures.  It was pretty dark out when we got back from the pumpkin patch.  But check that out, pumpkins, acorns, butternut, hubbards, pie pumpkins, scallop, spaghetti and one mystery squash.
Fynn really likes to help with all the little squash, he was great at putting them in the cart for us.  

This gardening thing is very exciting to me.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them all, but they keep well in the cellar and I'm currently on the lookout for good recipes, so if you know of any please send them my way.  

No comments: