Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sunday Sewing Status Check

Hi!  It is time for a Sewing Status check.  I have been very busy working on a new quilt.  I'm not sure how it is gong to look when I finish because I am sort of making it up as I go along.  All I knew when I started was that I wanted it to use a beautiful stack of fat quarters I bought a while ago at a little quilt shop in Augusta.  I can't even tell you who made the fabric.....that is bad.  But they are beautiful variegated  tone on tone fabrics ranging in colors from white to dark purple and yellows to oranges. Very fall.  And I knew I wanted to applique circles on the quilt.  So I dug through the stash and found some Batik charm squares I bought at Mariner's Compass in Bath.  I love that store by the way.
Anyway, I have been working on this quilt off and on for a few weeks and I now have all the appliques done and some other blocks done, I think. I'm not sure if they need something else. 
And somehow, this will all go together to make a big ol' quilt. What do you think?  Do you think it needs something else?  How do you think I should put them all together?  That is what I'm working out right now.  I have a bit of thinking to do. 

No comments: